Our piece of Scandinavia: Handmade oak modern dining table examples
Why do we like the Scandinavian style? Because our winter days are also short and sunless – just like in Northern Europe. What’s more: the simplicity and functionality of the solutions in the spirit of this design perfectly fit into our ever faster pace of life, because… they calm down. That is why the northern design will work well in many interior design solutions. Check how it reached us, what are its determinants and get to know examples of handmade oak modern dining tables!
“Everything we do, we do with great respect and love for nature. It makes the core and soul of every piece of furniture and accessory we produce. In our designs we strive for excellence, constantly seeking stunning new forms and unique materials, providing functionality and extraordinary character. All of our products and the details are handcrafted. Hard work and high precision bring out the natural beauty of the materials.” – Artur Przedzienkowski, CEO of SFD Furniture Design
Embracing the essence of Scandinavian style: A fusion of nature, simplicity, and light
The Scandinavian style comes from the north of Europe and its source can be found in the characteristics of the Scandinavian environment. Apart from mountainous, densely wooded landscapes, these countries are famous for their short, cold days. Only during the summer months can you count on more sun and light.No wonder the local style is based primarily on bright colours, simple forms and organic, natural materials. The annual Lunning Price awards granted to designers in the 1950s and 1960s contributed to the popularization of the Scandinavian style in Europe. Thanks to them, the trend was also heard in other countries.
Advantages of Scandinavian style
- The Scandinavian style represents simple and uncomplicated aesthetics, which derives from a combination of basic design principles – purity of form, functionality and timeless solutions.
- The ascetic style cuts itself off from the richness of decorations, and details and directs us towards elegant minimalism wrapped in simple forms. In addition, elements of interior design in the Scandinavian style are made of natural materials, which makes it associated with ecology and nature.
- The colour scheme allows to optically enlarge the space and create bright, warm rooms, where wooden furniture not only complements the room but is above all practical. The selection of appropriate models will allow us to create timeless decorations.
Who will be most comfortable with Scandinavian-style furniture?
The Scandinavian style will work well in many apartments. Depending on your preferences and tastes, you can create a space in this spirit without splendour and exaggeration. The style will be impressive both in a small studio and a spacious house. It will be especially suitable for interiors belonging to people who appreciate simplicity and minimalism, where simple Scandinavian furniture will provide the tenants with comfort and confidence that it will be an investment for years to come.
Key features of Scandinavian style:
- Minimalist furniture – that is, the use of aesthetics, simplicity in construction and above all functional designs. In our designs of handmade oak modern dining tables, we do so!
- Colours – the use of basic, subdued colours, such as pastel colours, white, gray. It is also characteristic to introduce wood as a floor finish, a material used to make furniture. It is also typical to decorate the space with wooden accessories.
- Functionality – that is using only basic elements of equipment, ensuring harmony and cleanliness of interiors.
- A sense of security – thanks to such philosophies as Hygge, Lagom or Kos. The home should be a place of rest, relaxation, where the whole family can regenerate after a long day.
Scandinavian-spirit handmade oak modern dining table examples:
How to create a Scandinavian-style interior? Starting with solid oak tables! We have chosen a few durable, functional and simple in form models.
The article is coming to an end but I personally feel that we are only at the beginning of the path. Each new product is not only a big challenge for us but also gives us a lot of experience that we gather and use in our next projects. As SFD Furniture Design we are constantly developing and trying to get as close as possible to perfection. But what is perfection really about? This is probably the topic for the next article…
Tags: handmade oak modern dining table, handcrafted dining table, solid oak table, scandinavian table, hygge, interior design, solid wood furniture
We invite you to read also :
SFD Furniture Design
In case of any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.
#WLCM_HOME #WLCM_CRAFT #WLCM_DESIGN #WLCM_NATURE
HAVE YOU SEEN THESE?
The uniqueness of handcrafted furniture. Perfection and “imperfection”
Do you think that real craftsmanship no longer exists? We invite you to the article from which you will learn what real handcrafted fur…
Why us? SFD Furniture Design’s brand values make our solid oak furniture unique
You can get the best custom furniture designs developed into classy yet fitting for your interiors. In SFD brand we design and create s…
How to arrange interiors in the style of an urban jungle style?
Urban jungle style means a bit of jungle at home. How to arrange interiors in the style of an urban jungle style? See for yourself and …
ALASKA bleached modern oak dining table
€ 1.490 – € 1.930
ALASKA modern oak dining table
€ 1.330 – € 2.870
MÅNE BLACK round non-/extendable oak dining table
€ 1.270 – € 1.970