Why did we like the Scandinavian style? Because our winter days are also short and sunless – just like in Northern Europe. What’s more: the simplicity and functionality of the solutions in the spirit of this design perfectly fit into our ever faster pace of life, because… they calm down. That is why the northern design will work well in many interior design solutions. Check how it reached us, what are its determinants and get to know examples of handmade oak modern dining table!
Everything we do, we do with a great respect and love for nature. It makes the core and soul of every piece of furniture and accessory we produce. In our designs we strive for excellence, constantly seeking stunning new forms and unique materials, providing functionality and extraordinary character. All of our products and the details are handcrafted. Hard work and high precision brings out the natural beauty of the materials
A little bit of history:
The Scandinavian style comes from the north of Europe and its source can be found in the characteristics of the Scandinavian environment. Apart from mountainous, densely wooded landscapes, these countries are famous for their short, cold days. Only during the summer months can you count on more sun and light.
No wonder that the local style is based primarily on bright colors, simple forms and organic, natural materials. The annual Lunning Price awards granted to designers in the 1950s and 1960s contributed to the popularization of Scandinavian style in Europe. Thanks to them, the trend was also heard in other countries.Mountainous densely wooded landscapes? In deed [/caption]
Advantages of Scandinavian style
- The Scandinavian style represents simple and uncomplicated aesthetics, which derives from a combination of basic design principles – purity of form, functionality and timeless solutions.
- The ascetic style cuts itself off from the richness of decorations, details and directs us towards elegant minimalism wrapped in simple forms. In addition, elements of interior design in Scandinavian style are made of natural materials, which makes it associated with ecology and nature.
- The color scheme allows to optically enlarge the space and create bright, warm rooms, where wooden furniture not only complements the room, but is above all practical. The selection of appropriate models will allow us to create timeless decoration.
Who will be most comfortable with such furniture?
The Scandinavian style will work well in many apartments. Depending on your preferences and tastes, you can create a space in this spirit without splendor and exaggeration. The style will be impressive both in a small studio and a spacious house. It will be especially suitable for interiors belonging to people who appreciate simplicity and minimalism, where simple Scandinavian furniture will provide the tenants with comfort and confidence that it will be an investment for years to come.
Key features of Scandinavian style:
- Minimalist furniture – that is, the use of aesthetic, simple in construction and above all functional designs. In our designs of handmade oak modern dining table we to do so!
- Colors – is the use of basic, subdued colors, such as: pastel colors, white, gray. It is also characteristic to introduce wood as a floor finish, a material used to make furniture. It is also typical to decorate the space with wooden accessories.
- Functionality – that is using only basic elements of equipment, ensuring harmony and cleanliness of interiors.
- A sense of security – thanks to such philosophies as Hygge, Lagom or Kos. The home should be a place of rest, relaxation, where the whole family can regenerate after a long day.
Scandinavian-spirit handmade oak modern dining table examples:
How to create a Scandinavian style interior? Starting with a solid oak tables! We have chosen a few durable, functional and simple in form models.
The article is coming to an end but I personally feel that we are only at the beginning of the path. Each new product is not only a big challenge for us but also gives us a lot of experience that we gather and use in our next projects. As SFD we are constantly developing and trying to get as close as possible to perfection. But what is perfection really about? This is probably the topic for the next article…
CEO, SFD Skandinavisk Möbelsdesign
Tags: handmade oak modern dining table, handcrafted dining table, solid oak table, scandinavian table, hygge, interior design, solid wood furniture
We invite you to read also :
In case of any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.
SFD Furniture Design
#WLCM_HOME #WLCM_CRAFT #WLCM_DESIGN #WLCM_NATURE
HAVE YOU SEEN THESE?
Why us? SFD Furniture Design brand values make our solid oak furniture unique.
SFD Furniture brand values. What make us stand out on solid oak furniture market?
Solid oak table top with or without overhang. What is the difference?
Have you ever wondered what the difference is between a solid oak table top with or without an overhang? We have got an answer! Check out our page now!
Daily cleaning of oil treated wood tables – how to clean wood table?
Oil-treated wooden furniture is very resistant to dust and water and small scratches and stains are not easily visible. The wood absorbs the oil, creating a soft surface that protects the wood and makes it both dirt and water repellent. Oil-treated wood develops a...
Solid Oak Dining Tables & Natural Raw Wood Finish
If you’re looking for a unique way to finish your Home, read our article and check why furniture with a raw wood effect may be the perfect option.
How many people can I seat at my oak dining table?
Are you wondering how many people you can seat at the dining table? In our article, we’ve put together a quick guide on table sizes and seating capacities.